Who We Are
Neighborhood Services Organization (NSO) is a 100-year-old nonprofit serving the at-risk and homeless of the Oklahoma City community. Our programs provide housing solutions and teach skills to transform lives. We offer:
- Transitional housing for those who need help gaining independence, like women escaping domestic violence and homeless young men who have aged out of foster care
- Permanent, supportive housing for homeless adults with a mental illness who would otherwise be living on the streets
- Rental assistance programs to help prevent families from becoming homeless
- A dental clinic offering affordable, general dental care to the low-income and uninsured
- A women, infants and children (WIC) clinic that provides supplemental nutrition and education to women who are pregnant and children up to age 5.
Last year, we touched the lives of over 100,000 individuals.
Transforming lives and encouraging independence through safe, healthy homes, dental care and nutrition.
To bring Christ’s love to the homeless and working poor and empower them to break the cycle of poverty.
NSO Core Values
Compassion, or “heart,” guides everything we do. “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians, 2: 3-5.
We accept that we cannot do everything on our own. We partner with other organizations in the community striving toward the same goals to provide a coordinated effort in our outreach to the hungry and homeless.
While we preserve the history of our organization and never forget why we were created, we seek to have an impact now and in the years to come. We continually evaluate our program goals and outcomes to ensure our ministry meets the evolving needs of the community.
We strive to conduct ourselves with honesty and accountability. We own up to our weaknesses, take responsibility for them and always strive to do better.
We seek to be a powerful agent of change in the lives of our clients. We encourage them to take charge of their own lives and ensure they have the resources they need to be healthy and successful.
We give our clients the opportunity to have a family even when their biological families cannot or will not be there for them. We treat every client that comes through our doors like family.
Service Excellence & Program Integrity
We believe everyone has the right to high-quality, affordable services. We honor the dignity of every person, regardless of their background or financial status.
View the NSO Centennial History Video!